In a nutshell you are?
Italian, born and raised in Rome. I am Cordon Bleu trained, have worked professionally as an image consultant and event planner in France, the UK and US. I have been planning weddings in Italy since 1997 and cannot imagine ever doing anything else! Making wedding dreams come true in beautiful Italy is the most rewarding experience imaginable!
Your first wedding?
A high profile wedding for a Hollywood producer and 60 guests in a villa near Venice. It was a 3 day event and a smashing success. A lot of fun, as well as tremendous work. I have never looked back!
First Wedding! Present
Destination Wedding Planning is?....
Meticulous, addicting, high energy, exciting, incredibly fulfilling and entirely dependent on a relationship of trust between the couple and the wedding planner.
What is Distinctive Italy?
A team of six dedicated, skilled, wedding planners with over a decade of experience organizing events of all sizes throughout Italy's "boot".
Do you personally visit the locations you recommend?
Both myself and my wedding planning team regularly visit locations. I recently reviewed over 120 venues. We are quite excited about our new discoveries for 2013!
Your greatest accomplishments?
- Establishing a high standard of service that remains the benchmark for Italian wedding planners today.
- Creating the wedding program concept: a detailed timeline and review of all services which has now become a standard in the industry.
- Responding to our couples within 24 to 48 hours during the weekday and being completely available to answer questions via email, Skype or phone. Timely responses reduce the stress couples may encounter in planning a destination wedding.
What would you like your readers to know"
That whether you are planning a quiet elopement for 2 or an elaborate wedding for 200+ we apply the same meticulous care and attention to detail.
Did you plan your own wedding?
Of course:)! I planned a destination wedding of my own in less than 2 months.......ours was a whirlwind romance. I purchased my dress 25 days before I said "I do"!
How do you plan your weddings?
- We provide a contract to guarantee our services.
- No detail is too small. Our assistance includes all aspects related to your wedding such as guest activities, transfers, photographers, floral decor, and everything in between.
- Keeping in touch! Our couples are constantly updated on progress as the wedding planning takes place.
- Rapid turnaround to emails from couples and availability to Skype or chat via phone.
How are vendors and services confirmed during the wedding planning process?
- We request pricing on your behalf from a selection of handpicked Italian wedding providers and send you a written detailed quote and explanation of services.
- We do not cut corners with amateur vendors.
- Whenever possible, photos or web sites are provided.
Any tips on how to save money when planning a destination wedding in Italy?
- Private villas and castles often have a reduced rental fee for mid-week weddings. Saturday is the most expensive day - because of the high demand.
- Plan a lunch reception instead of dinner. Lunch receptions can sometimes be less than dinners; this applies mostly to restaurants.
- Choose a villa or castle hotel vs a private castle or villa. Hotels usually do not charge a rental fee for receptions.
- Some reception venues include wines and wedding cake in their menu price which translates into considerable savings!
- Choose to get married in Italy during the low season: October through early April is generally a more affordable time to travel to Italy in terms of overall costs.
- Be willing to plan your Italy wedding in the lesser known regions. The Alps, Veneto, Dolomites and Friuli are incredibly beautiful and offer more in comparison to premium locations.
- Having the ceremony AND reception in one place allows you to save on guest transportation costs.
- Stick to seasonal flowers. Tulips in August will be considerably more expensive than in April (and will wilt very quickly).
- Consider holding your reception in an Agriturismo, a charming country estate or farmhouse. There are some outstanding choices, and often have more competitive rates compared to a villa or a castle.
What are the most popular locations for a destination wedding in Italy?
- Tuscany remains an all time favourite with a tremendous variety of options in all budgets.
- The Amalfi Coast, south of Rome.
- The Italian Lakes in the North: Lake Orta, Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda.
Most underrated regions in Italy?
- Friuli Venezia Giulia : gorgeous towns, amazing countryside, beaches, mountains and some of the finest selections of exclusive Italian wedding venues. What more could you ask for:)!
- Veneto and Verona: the city of Romeo and Juliet is surrounded by some of Italy's finest vineyards and rolling hills - as beautiful if not more so than Tuscany's. Lake Garda is a short drive away from Verona. Veneto's list of wedding locations in all budgets is astounding!
Which is the most requested type of ceremony?
Civil, followed by symbolic.
What are the most popular months for an Italy wedding?
June, August and September. Dates for these months book quickly.
How far in advance should I plan my wedding in Italy?
- Larger, more important weddings should be booked up to one year in advance.
- In the Amalfi Coast some venues like Positano's wedding hall and the more popular towns along the coast such as Sorrento are booked many months in advance and sell out quickly.
If that is the case, is it still possible to plan a last minute wedding in Italy?
Absolutely! As long as you can be flexible on which regions and cities, we can certainly plan an Italy wedding even at very short notice in a beautiful location.