Civil Weddings in RomeRome remains one of the most hoped for destinations for a civil wedding in Italy and the city makes three unique historical venues available for your civil wedding in Rome. Each wedding hall is surrounded by antiquities and some of the city’s most famous monuments. Because of their high demand, Rome’s civil wedding venues can be busier than the rest of the country’s with ceremonies tending to be brief and offering less opportunity for personalization.
The Campidoglio is the most elegant and formal of Rome's wedding halls. It is located high on the Capitoline Hill on the Piazza del Campidoglio which was designed by Michelangelo along with the two superb palaces facing each other. The top is reached via the “Cordonata” steps, which were designed by Michelangelo to celebrate the 1536 triumphal entry of the Emperor Charles the V. They are superlative. Once you reach the top, the views of the surrounding Roman Forum and Colosseum will leave you speechless. Inside one of these palaces is the actual wedding hall, decorated in red silk and damask with gilded interiors.
- Ceremonies in the Campidoglio wedding hall are brief.
- Saturday and Sunday weddings only are possible.
Located near the ruins of the Roman Baths of Caracalla, this second venue for a Rome civil wedding is set in a former convent, surrounded by a lovely park. The interior is not as formal as the Campidoglio and would be a perfect setting for couples desiring a more rustic ambiance. The outside of the structure is quite old, done in ancient stone and brick. Overall, the atmosphere is more relaxed and laid back.
- Ceremonies are performed every day of the week with the exception of Tuesdays.
- Music is permitted.
- Suitable for large groups
For a very romantic and intimate civil ceremony in Rome, this frescoed villa would be perfectly suited. The interior is a former 19th century chapel complete with frescoes surrounded by an attractive park - ideal for photos. The villa is only a 20 minute drive from Rome’s historic center.
- Ceremonies performed every day except for Tuesdays and Sundays
- Maximum seating: 25
- Weddings can be booked in advance.
Regarding Civil Weddings in Rome:
- Payment to the wedding hall is required to book Caracalla and Campidoglio locations
- Ceremonies tend to be brief.
- No wedding ceremonies in any location on Tuesdays.