Lake Como wedding at Villa Pizzo
A fantastic couple + one of the finest Villas in Lake Como + amazing weather = an unforgettable Lake Como wedding:)!
Getting married in Lake Como means being able to enjoy the vistas, the sunshine and the memorable scenery that this part of Italy is famous for. And so it was with Sara and Manaf, one of our most “simpatici” couples of the year who chose to celebrate their Lake Como wedding at Villa Pizzo, one of the finest luxury villas on the lake.
Villa Pizzo enjoys the longest lakefront of any venue in Lake Como – the views are truly what everyone hopes to see when coming to Como to celebrate an Italian Lakes wedding. The gilded interiors of the villa are superlative with precious frescoes and detailing but what everyone falls in love with of course are the gardens and park. The villa features some unique spaces including the "darsena" a dramatic terrace on the lakefront where it is possible to hold a blessing ceremony.
Sara and Manaf could not have hoped for better weather – the entire event unfolded outdoors starting with a brief blessing ceremony exchange and followed by aperitifs and reception on the lakefront. The aperitivo was a "WOW" with table, after table beautifully displaying the highlights of Northern Italian cuisine.
The style of the event had a touch of vintage with long rectangular tables elegantly dressed with sparkling crystal. At nightfall magical lighting entranced the guests during dinner; the effect was truly something all guess will remember for many years to come as lights twinkled reflecting into the waters of Lake Como.
Thank you so much!!! Sara and I couldn't be happier with the way the wedding turned out - EVERYTHING was exactly as we had hoped/wished for it to be, and you guys are the reason why, so from the bottom of our hearts, thank you 🙂
There really wasn't a single thing we would have done differently.
- The villa was as beautiful as we'd planned for it to be (flower set up, table/chair set up, light set up, etc). The one thing people kept saying was "your wedding was the most beautiful one we've ever been to. It was a fairy tale wedding". I can't tell you how many great photos and videos people took!
- The DJ did a fantastic job with the music. We were running at least 45 min - 1 hour behind schedule, which means he couldn't play more than 50% of what we sent. But what he ended up selecting for the English music was just perfect. He played the crowd so well and for that reason all of the guests really enjoyed what they heard. He was also a really nice guy so that was an added bonus 🙂
- The food was as delicious, if not more, than it was on the day we went for the tasting. People couldn't stop talking about how good ALL OF IT was. Especially the cake! You were 100% correct in saying that the risotto was killer. Two weeks after the wedding people are still talking about it!
- The wait staff were awesome and remained professional all throughout the event.
- The photographers and videographer were an absolute pleasure to work with. We spent so much time with them on the wedding day that by the end of it it felt as though we were saying goodbye to new good friends. They will definitely be missed.
HATS OFF TO EVERYONE! We're gonna miss planning our wedding with you guys and every other person involved in the planning process. Sara and Manaf
PHOTOS by Alessandro Ghedina