As the cradle of Catholicism, Italy offers an amazing selection of historic churches and ancient cathedrals for your Catholic wedding in Italy. No country in the world can compete with the choice of Catholic wedding venues Italy can offer. Our team is able to organize a Catholic wedding in Italy's greatest churches as well as charming country chapels.
A Catholic wedding in Tuscany can be celebrated in Florence, Siena, San Gimignano and many of the smaller towns and countryside. Imagine marrying in Saint Mark's church in Venice! Getting married in Rome's amazing cathedrals is a dream that can come true with our assistance. The Amalfi Coast boasts some of the most incredible churches, with rich interiors situated in absolutely breathtaking positions. The towns of Positano, Ravello, Amalfi or Atrani would be a dazzling backdrop for your Amalfi Coast Catholic wedding.
- Specific religious paperwork is required in order to have a Catholic wedding in Italy. We provide assistance for all formalities.
- All paperwork must be translated in Italian.
- A Catholic wedding ceremony in Italy is conducted by an English speaking priest or in Italian, with an interpreter.
- It is possible to have a legally binding Catholic ceremony, in which case civil paperwork must be completed as well.
- A few Catholic churches will only perform a religious blessing; in which case you must be civilly married prior to coming to Italy.
- A Catholic marriage in Italy is not possible if one of you was previously married in a Catholic rite and is now divorced without a formal annulment by the Catholic church.
- A mixed religion marriage is subject to the approval of your own Bishop who must grant permission in writing.
- Religious (Pre Cana) paperwork must be presented no later than 2 months prior to the wedding date.
- The paperwork should not be completed 6 months before the wedding date or it will expire.
- The Italian Diocese must receive the paperwork 2 months prior to the wedding.
- A donation is required for the church.
- Attire: no bare shoulders for the bride.
- Music: sacred music only is possible.
Contact Distinctive Italy Weddings for a selection of the finest Catholic churches throughout Italy.