Exchange your wedding vows with a civil wedding in Italy! The most requested Italian marriage ceremony is the civil wedding and it offers an amazing variety of beautiful locations.
Civil ceremonies in Italy are conducted in very unique, historical town halls and occasionally private venues including medieval castles, enchanting villas, ancient palaces as well as a wide selection of panoramic outdoor locations. In recent years towns and cities are vying with each other on who can offer the most stunning and beautiful location!
Local authorities have purchased or made agreements with sumptuous private properties and museums throughout Italy. From the Renaissance splendour of the Sala Rossa in Florence to an outdoor balcony overlooking the Mediterranean sea in the Amalfi Coast, the choice is outstanding to suit every possible taste. Distinctive Italy Weddings has personally selected the finest Italian civil wedding locations available. The choice is huge and not everyone is listed on our web site so please inquire.
About Civil Ceremonies in Italy
- Civil ceremonies must take place in a specific location recognized by the governing authorities for civil weddings. In most cases these are historical town halls. Occasionally a museum or villa/palace.
- By law, the ceremony must include the reading of the civil wedding articles in Italian.
- The ceremony is conducted by the Mayor or substitute.
- We provide an official interpreter.
- Some locations require you to sign a sworn statement a day or two prior to the wedding.
- You may enhance and personalize the civil marriage ceremony with your own vows, readings and music.
- Flower decorations are also possible.
- Two witnesses are required, above the age of 18. If necessary we can provide them.
- The civil rite lasts approximately 20/30 minutes.
- There are no residency requirements to marry in Italy.
- Outdoor civil weddings are possible only in certain locations approved by the governing authorities.
Contact us for a selection of the finest civil wedding locations in Italy!