- Lemon groves, vineyards and pastel colored sailboats.
- Favorite destination of famous individuals such as Winston Churchill and Greta Garbo.
- Enchanting, fairytale castles for civil ceremonies.
- Possibility of marrying outside with stunning views of the blue waters of Garda.
Airports nearby: Brescia (30 minutes), Venice (2 hours) and Trieste (3+ hours)
Best time for a Lake Garda wedding: April through October.
The team at Distinctive Italy Weddings arranges for every type of wedding ceremony in Lake Garda
Lake Garda is romance personified. The Roman poet Catullus described it as: “It is the jewel of peninsulas and islands, both.” Indeed, Lake Garda with its sapphire blue waters and stunning views is sure to cast a spell on you. The lake is encircled by enchanting towns, while majestic mountains rise before your eyes. Around the lake shores are fragrant lemon groves, stunning flowering gardens, elegant cypress trees and olive groves producing a highly prized olive oil. Limone is particularly famed for its lemon groves which thrive due to the area’s warm micro climate.
Sirmione is one of the many captivating towns around Lake Garda and was a popular resort since ancient Roman times due to its hot springs. The pedestrian only streets will lead you to the fairytale Castello Scaligero with its panoramic views of the entire lake. Other towns such as Desenzano, Gardone Riviera, Tremosine and Salo’ each have its own particular charm and historical treasures. Lake Garda is easy to explore in a circular voyage stopping at the different towns for a stroll, enjoying an espresso at one of the panoramic cafes or a leisurely meal at one of the fine restaurants.
Distinctive Italy Weddings arranges for Civil, Catholic, Protestant and Symbolic weddings in Lake Garda and surroundings.
Civil weddings in Lake Garda are celebrated in many of the Lake’s surrounding towns, including the stunning Malcesine's and Torri Del Benaco's castles. Every location has its particular charm and setting.
Malcesine's Castle - a fairytale castle with turrets, gardens and breathtaking views of the lake. Simply amazing and outside wedding ceremonies possible! Captain's Palace Malcesine - quite spectacular with rich frescoes and panoramic views of the lake and gardens from its windows and balcony.
Additional Garda civil wedding locations we recommend:
- Torri del Benaco - one of our absolute favorites. Picture perfect and with its own incredible castle - FOUR different options for civil ceremonies.
- Lazise - we fell in love with the utter charm and beauty of this intimate little town! The wedding hall is right on the lovely main square and little bay.
- Bardolino - elegant, lake front wedding hall with panoramic balcony.
- Gardone - the well designed wedding hall is close to the spectacular Vittoriale gardens, a one of a kind backdrop for your wedding photos! Can accomodate large wedding parties.
- Salò - quite grand and formal - also overlooking Lake Garda, will hold large number of guests.