This grand Renaissance Villa rises on a hill dominating the entire valley and the city of Florence. The views of the Tuscan countryside are exceptional. The large terrace and superb Italian Gardens are an enchanted setting for a wedding ceremony or reception near Florence. The interiors are furnished in original 17th and 18th century antiques along with frescoes and rich tapestries which adorn the magnificent ballroom walls. The villa is ideal for those planning an exclusive wedding event in Tuscany.
There are several halls available for a wedding reception including the Tapestry Hall, the Carriage Hall, the Red Room, the Billiard Room and the Ancient Dining Room. Each has its own particular atmosphere and a suitable choice can be found regardless of your size wedding party.
But the highlight of this location is its huge terrace overlooking Florence, Fiesole and the surrounding countryside as well as the Italian Gardens and the Oak Gardens. The gardens are one of the finer examples of Italian Renaissance design in Tuscany. From the terrace your guests could enjoy a stunning display of fireworks at midnight in honor of your wedding!
The villa has its own chapel and another Catholic church is within walking distance for larger weddings.
- Catholic chapel on site for small groups (rental fee applies).
- Larger Catholic church within walking distance.
- Villa rental fee includes the use of the ground floor of the villa (all 5 halls + the kitchens) and the main garden with panoramic terrace.
- Max capacity inside: 300
- Tapestry Hall: 110 seated guests
- Carriage Hall: 60 seated guests
- Red Room: 40/50 seated guests
- Ancient Dining Room: 40/50 seated guests
- Italian Gardens: additional fee for cocktails in the gardens. The gardens can be admired from the terrace.
- Evening receptions must end at 1:30am, but can be lengthened until 4:00am for an extra charge.
- Babysitting, wardrobe attendants, parking attendants are available at extra charge.
Without a doubt a wedding reception at this Renaissance villa is always spectacular. The panoramic position is quite incredible and an outdoor reception or aperitif buffet will allow your guests to revel in their surroundings and the views of Fiesole and Florence as well as the glorious hills and countryside of Tuscany. At night the scenario turns magical as torches and candles light up the pathways and interiors creating a romantic atmosphere. Distinctive Italy Weddings will make arrangements for all catering services on your behalf.
The villa's chapel is quite charming and can hold very small groups of approximately 20 guests. Just down the lane there is another very fine Catholic church that will hold larger numbers. An English speaking priest is available. Civil ceremonies can be performed in the Sala Rossa of Florence or the town hall of Fiesole. The Villa's terrace and gardens would be an incredible setting for a symbolic or Protestant ceremony.