The Castle is an ancient manor built in the 15th century located in the heart of the Florentine hills, 30 km from Florence, 50 km from Siena and well connected with the most beautiful and picturesque areas of Tuscany. It is an exclusive venue for special wedding receptions, typical Tuscan dinners and wine tasting, farm holiday resort accommodations, cooking courses and more.
Lorenzo de' Medici; the Popes, Leo X, Clement VII, and Paul III; the Grand Duke of Tuscany, Ferdinand III; and the King of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele III are only some of the Castle's illustrious historical guests. Built in 1424 by the noble Dei Pucci family of Florence, the castle is one of Tuscany's most beautiful historical residences. What's more, it provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable Tuscan wedding event in Chianti! Combine six hundred years of history, the panorama of the Florentine hills, and the flavors that render Tuscany a gourmet's paradise, and you'll have the perfect combination: a distinctive and welcoming ambience in which your event stands above all the rest.
Open-air wedding banquets and receptions can be hosted in the outdoor areas or in the charming historical salons. The magnificent frescoed reception rooms, the open arcade, the courtyard and its splendid gardens become the perfect stage for prestigious and charming events.
Centuries of history and art will help you organize and celebrate your unforgettable day. The Castello's private hall is ready to host your Tuscany wedding ceremony; the view of the hills from its towers promises unforgettable photographs; and the Castello's reception rooms, Renaissance arcade, and Italian garden provide an ideal setting. For those who admire style, the thrill will take you away.
- Possibility of holding a civil ceremony at the castle!
- Enchanting Italian gardens for cocktails - beautifully lit at night with torches and candles.
- The catering is in-house and the castle is famed for its exceptional, authentic Tuscan dishes
- Part of a an estate producing excellent extra-virgin olive oil and wines singled out for their quality in the best Italian wine guides. Visits to the antique wine cellar can be arranged.
- Cooking Classes! The castle's cooking classes are among their specialties. Guests can learn to create traditional Italian menus, from typical Tuscan appetizers to the most exquisite desserts. When the cooking is done, it's time for everyone to gather in convivial company to sample their creations
- Lodging nearby: Beyond the castle walls lies the Agriturismo, nestled in the hills among vineyards, olive groves, and sunflower fields. The lodge boasts ten apartments, each furnished in classic country style. Sports enthusiasts can relax in our swimming pool and on our tennis court or head out on mountain bikes among woodlands and hills, following trails that connect the historical villages of this exquisite corner of Tuscany. The castle also offers golf and pleasant diversion at the nearby Riding Club.
A true grand reception location, particularly at night when the walls, garden pathways and rooms are lit by candlelight! The 15h Century Castle's historic ballrooms and salons provide the ideal environment for a Tuscan wedding reception or an elegant gala supper. The ambience communicates good taste and distinction and ensures that each guest experiences being a part of a once-in-a-lifetime event. A pleasure in every sense of the word.
The castle is composed by a wide courtyard and a open gallery (the lodge) were weddings take place in spring/summer (max. 180 persons), and a wonderful reception room, the main hall, where it is possible to dispose max 100 persons + 40 in each one of two smaller adjacent rooms.
The local authorities have granted permission to hold civil weddings directly at the castle; a fee will apply. Symbolic and Protestant weddings can be arranged at the castle and Catholic churches are available nearby.