If you are looking for a medieval castle wedding in Tuscany, this 12th century fortress-castle overlooking the hills of Siena is a wonderful choice. The castle is part of a spectacular estate that encompasses 645 hectares. It is adjacent to a tiny village and includes a charming 16th century Catholic church. The estate also makes available a number of traditional Tuscan guest houses of differing sizes which allow you and your guests to fully experience life under the Tuscan sun.
The Medieval Fortress can handle very large groups. In the summer there is nothing so magical as a candlelit wedding banquet in the courtyard as the sun sets behind the surrounding hills. Indoor receptions can be planned in a variety of halls including the spectacular medieval room with vaulted arches.
The castle has a restaurant and small bar for guests who do not wish to cook their own meals. It is possible to book dinners in one of the three beautifully decorated rooms situated on the ground floor or an informal lunch in the garden during the summer season.
- 16th century Catholic church for a maximum of 100 people standing or 60 people seated.
- Civil wedding ceremonies can be arranged at nearby Lucignano which has a charming wedding hall.
- Wedding receptions are catered by the castle's own restaurant and the reception decor can be fully personalized including the choice of menus, table-setting, wedding cake and wine.
- The ground floor holds 100 seated diners.
- The first floor halls: max 130 seated, and an additional 70 guests can be accommodated at the adjacent hall.
- The courtyard can hold 200 guests.
- All the apartments have either a kitchenette or separate kitchen.
- There are restaurants in the nearby villages as well.
- Tennis courts are available all year round.
- Four Swimming Pools (10 x 20 metres) are available from late May until end of September.
- Table Tennis is available all year round.
- Two lakes on the property for Fishing available all year round.
- The 400 hectares of woodland which surrounds the property offers an unique opportunity for walks in the woods.
- Mountain bikes can be made available on request.
- Golf courses nearby.
- SPA's are available nearby with thermal swimming pools and beauty treatments.
Aperitifs can be served in the gardens and then the meal can move either in the magnificent inner courtyard or one of the inside halls (ground or first floors). Torches and candles will create an incredible ambiance. Your Tuscan castle wedding reception can be either a seated buffet or a served dinner.
Civil weddings at this Siena Medieval Fortress can be performed either in Siena, Lucignano or other nearby towns. The 16th century Catholic church in the attached village is available and holds up to 100 guests. Protestant or Symbolic weddings can be performed in the gardens of the castle.