Castle Giacomo is one of the most requested castles in the Chianti area. The castle dates back to 1252, but it is supposed that it is much older. This castle is located in the Chianti Classico, in the heart of Tuscany, just 17 km from Florence, on the road to Siena through nine towns of the Chianti Classico.
This historic castle is surrounded by hills where the huge fresco blends the colors of the vineyards and the olive trees, the soft green of the meadows, pines, cypresses and woods. The many vineyards, dry-stone walls, flowers, and chapels in the country make a beautiful backdrop for your Tuscany wedding.
Key Features & Amenities
• Medieval castle with a large park and an Italian garden – perfect for a wedding in Tuscany.
• Located in the Chianti countryside among vineyards, olive groves and ancient churches.
• Only 17 km from Florence.
• A beautiful central courtyard and an adjacent loggia - accommodating up to 220 people with table service.
• Private chapel, inside the courtyard, for weddings up to 20 people seated.
• The Italian garden and the park shaded by ancient trees, with a large central fountain, overlooking the beautiful countryside of Chianti, are ideal for weddings and receptions in Tuscany.
• A beautifully furnished hall with an antique fireplace that can hold up to 100 people seated at round tables, or 50 people sitting at the imperial table, or 120 seats as an auditorium.
• The front room of the Guard of the courtyard and the Hall of Arms is ideal as a dining room to enjoy aperitifs or dinner. The room can hold up to 30 people seated at the table.
• The Loggia, which separates it from the Hall of Arms can be used as a space for music.
• A first floor hall, overlooking the courtyard and the Chianti countryside, accommodates up to 40 people seated at tables, and includes antique furniture and paintings of ancestors.
• A second first floor hall with access from the stairway that leads to a beautiful veranda overlooking the courtyard, ideal for the launch of the bouquet, accommodates up to 32 people seated at the table.
• A billiard hall that overlooks the courtyard.
In addition to the many beautiful indoor and outdoor options to have your Chianti wedding and reception, the castle can be transformed with the wedding theme of your choice. It is a natural venue for a Baroque Tuscany wedding, enlivened by the music of a string quartet.
For the bride, bridesmaids and her friends, wonderful rooms are available to prepare for the ceremony.
This is one of the most versatile castles for a small or large wedding in Tuscany.