One of the most idyllic settings for your wedding in Tuscany is this beautifully restored medieval castle which towers above mountainous forests and lush, rolling vineyards expressing the astonishing poetry of the Chianti countryside.
The castle was constructed during the Middle Ages and served as Siena's first line of defense against attacks from the south.
The heart of the estate is its meticulously restored medieval castle and hamlet offering wonderful Tuscan hospitality in luxuriously appointed rooms and suites. A warm and inviting Tavern serves traditional lunches and dinners as well as wines by the glass. The setting is rustic Tuscan in the vaulted cellars with wooden tables, broad brick arches and oversized wooden casks. Surrounding the castle are peach and plum orchards, olive groves, vineyards and woods teeming with wild game. Today, the castle and its hamlet are the crown of the 7,100 acre estate which produces some of the finest wines.
For your Tuscany wedding, the castle offers 14 rooms and suites, each in different sizes, decor and location. All have beautifully selected furnishings and fabrics and luxurious amenities with a King size bed. In addition, the five suites have a Queen size sofa bed in a separate room. Guest rooms and suites are located inside the 18th century hamlet walls and towers in original stone houses that have been completely updated offering all possible comforts. Private hideaways are reached via the quaint terraced street walkways.
On the property is a private chapel and there are churches and abbeys nearby for a Catholic wedding in Tuscany. The nearby wedding hall of Montalcino is a striking setting for your civil wedding in Tuscany.
- The Reading Room - Quiet space between the castle’s porticoed courtyard is furnished with backgammon and chess tables, a small library of the family’s favorite novels and travelogues, comfortable furniture and a warming hearth.
- Pergola Garden - Formally planted gardens and a shading pergola provide a tranquil outdoor space in a sun drenched lower courtyard of the Borgo, with dramatic views of the river valley and hills that roll gently toward the sea.
- Breakfast Room - Tucked in a quiet corner of the hamlet, an arched room has been set aside to greet the morning with Continental and full Tuscan breakfast, featuring freshly brewed coffee, tea, home baked delicacies and other traditional dishes.
- The Swimming Pool - Behind the castle’s western wall, a swimming pool is laid into the hillside overlooking lush vineyards and enjoys an envious vantage point for dramatic Tuscan sunsets.
- Fitness Room - An elliptical machine, exercise bicycle and free weights are suited to allow interested guests to continue their normal fitness routine.
- Other Activities - From among a wide range of customized activities, there is hiking and cycling on the estate and its surroundings; scenic tours of nearby towns, villages and cities; shopping expeditions; and appointments and treatment at nearby spas.
ROOMS - Each spacious room is painted and furnished in a different color scheme and appointed with eclectic themed artwork; several include a separate dressing area, writing desk and breakfast table
- Each room is equipped with flat screen television featuring international satellite programming and
- Radio with a selection of jazz, classical and contemporary music;
- High-speed internet connection,
- A selection of complementary estate wines as well as a well-stocked mini bar with water, beverages, and light snacks.
- Well-equipped bathrooms feature professional hair driers, towel warmers, large showers with oversized rainfall heads; several have an additional bathtub, and bath amenities include bath foam, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion made from Sangiovese grapes grown on the estate.
- From 10 to 120 guests can be accommodated for a formal wedding banquet in various rooms. Depending on your wedding party size there are many different options.
- Other smaller halls can welcome a maximum of 32 or up to 60 guests in formal or informal surroundings.
- Menus are 5 courses paired with the estate's wines.
- Wedding receptions are catered but there is also a Taverna restaurant located in the vaulted cellars of the Castello. Opened for lunch and dinner, it offers a traditional tuscan cooking.
- Aperitifs can be served on the terrace or in the Castle's courtyard.
- There is a chapel on site and in the Montalcino area there are several Catholic churches for your Tuscany wedding ceremony.
- Protestant and symbolic ceremonies can be arranged in the castle's halls or courtyard.