In this majestic medieval castle, the rise and fall of the hills fades into the distance in shades of blue, giving a sense of peace and tranquility. On the typical Tuscan hilltops you can glimpse the towers of other castles, marked by small groupings of cypress trees in contrast with the cultivated rolling hills and rocky gullies.
The castle has always been a popular picturesque venue for Tuscan weddings and other special occasions. It still retains an authentic medieval aura which blends smoothly with Renaissance refinement. Once you pass the imposing façade, you discover the central courtyard which conveys a sense of regal elegance. From there, you can explore the halls illuminated by large windows, through the sequence of rooms and sloping gardens, reaching finally the magnificent 18th century hall which is bathed in a wonderful, light atmosphere.
A magnificent private apartment with great hall overlooking the Italian gardens is available to rent exclusively for your wedding event. The walls and ceilings are decorated with incredible frescoes. Amazing!
- 10 well appointed guesthouses and apartments to house all your guests.
- Pool surrounded by gardens.
- Various terraced panoramic gardens and park - also available for symbolic or Protestant ceremonies.
- Restaurant overlooking the Chianti countryside.
- Amazing temple/folly decorated with sea-shells.
- Separate hall for after dinner drinks, music and dancing.
- Mountain biking, horseback riding and other activities nearby.
- In-house catering serving refined Tuscan cuisine and wines.
- An 18th century hall for receptions with vaulted ceilings.
- Dancing in a separate, sectluded area.
- Some ideas: aperitifs in one of the courtyards, followed by formal seated dinner in the great hall or courtyard and afterwards music and wedding cake in the lemon glasshouse with dancing.
Either on the grounds (symbolic or Protestant blessing) or civil in some of the finely decorated civil wedding halls in nearby Chianti as well as several beautiful Catholic churches and chapels.