Arguably one of the most famous (and breathtakingly beautiful) wine regions in the world, the area of Montalcino is a rolling Tuscan paradise filled with traditions, ancient villages and an endless sea of vineyards.
Perched on top of one of the highest hills in Montalcino, overlooking the Val d’Orcia valley, sits the historic Castello di Velona. A certified UNESCO heritage site, this ancient fortress was established in the 11th century and is now an exclusive 5 star luxury resort.
A real dream Tuscan wedding venue, the entire castle complex can be used exclusively for wedding ceremonies and receptions, with both opulent indoor and outdoor spaces, Castello di Velona ensures an unforgettable fairytale atmosphere. Boasting an in-house winery serving up the renowned Brunello di Montalcino wine, and being the only castle in Montalcino with its own organic olive oil, as well as having the hottest thermal spring in Tuscany, this 5 star resort has a plethora of lavish amenities. The castle’s chef is specialized in creating unique and personalized wedding menus.
360 degree panoramic views, gourmet restaurant and bar, curated décor, and endless possibilities for wedding styling, choosing this romantic vineyard venue ensures guests will be raving about your Tuscan wedding for years to come.
- Located 30 minutes from Siena and 2 hours from Florence
- Max capacity for receptions 120 people
- It is possible to hold a civil and symbolic ceremony
- It is possible to have the entire castle exclusively for your wedding (minimum of 2 nights)
- 44 rooms and suites are available – each decorated and designed in a unique way. A number of rooms are directly connected to the thermal volcanic spring water.
- The castle offers exclusive experiences and tours throughout the region including (but not limited to) truffle hunting, olive oil tasting, vineyard tours and winetasting, cooking classes etc.…
- The castle’s own spa – OLISPA boasts a wide range of treatments including aroma and chromo therapy, as well as having a large spa center outfitted with Turkish baths, sauna, and indoor and outdoor thermal volcanic pools