Perched high on a hill overlooking an incredible Tuscan panorama, this castle, inside a tiny hamlet, is an authentic location for lovers of nature and the quiet uncontaminated countryside combined with elegance and refinement. The entire property is meticulously managed and the guesthouses and elegant halls are beautifully furnished with antique carpets and furniture! We think it is the perfect place for your exclusive Italy wedding.
The foundations of the Castle go back to the 9th century and the construction was completed in the year 1000, while the first group of stone farmhouses dates back to the latter half of the 13th century. In the year 1511, Niccolò Machiavelli bought the Castle and the farmland using it as a hunting lodge .
In the Renaissance, the battlements were removed and the fortification was then transformed into a country residence. I has been lovingly restored to the highest possible standards by the family that owns it, descendants of Niccolo' Macchiavelli, maintaining the delicate balance between history and modern convenience.
- Wellness center featuring massage, yoga and Turkish baths.
- Outstanding apartments (56 people (36 in bedrooms and 20 in sofa beds) and farmhouses offering the highest level of comfort. All the houses are situated in the estate and enjoy a splendid view of the Chianti hills. They were restored respecting the original structures. Only antique handmade terra-cotta tiles were used, the interior and exterior stairways are made of pietra serena (a typical Tuscan stone), and there are open beamed ceilings. The apartments were decorated with family furniture and antique kilim carpets.
- Private chapel for Catholic weddings
- Swimming pool.
- Mountain bikes.
- Possibility of cooking classes, wine tasting and other local activities nearby.
- Exceptional reception halls, courtyards and a stunning loggia for a Tuscany wedding event to remember!
- Panoramic gardens.
The Castle is the perfect setting for your special Chianti wedding event!
The panoramic terrace is the ideal location for the aperitif with unparalleled sunsets on the Chianti hills. The reception goes on in the courtyards and loggia of the castle where it is possible to have dinner outside, and in the castle staterooms, perfect also for music and dancing.
The Catholic chapel, situated in the hamlet, is perfect for celebrating the ceremony. Additional, larger Catholic churches are located in the area. The Florence wedding hall is one of the many options for civil weddings nearby and a Protestant or symbolic ceremony can be performed on site.