A unique medieval castle dating back to 962 CE, the Castello di Martano is a luxurious ancient haven that will leave guests in awe. With exclusive access to the castle, possibilities for a one-of-a-kind wedding in Umbria are limitless.
Castello di Martano is one of the few private properties in Umbria where the Mayor will conduct a civil ceremony. The event can be celebrated within the stunning Hamlet surrounded by medieval walls, the enchanting stone halls of the castle with vaulted ceilings or in the Olive Tree Park with views over the Martani hills. If you opt for a religious ceremony, a historic church nearby is also available.
The castle's own catering service from its first class restaurant uses only the freshest ingredients to create the most memorable wedding menus for your Umbria wedding reception.
As for the areas available; there are various indoor and outdoor spaces, such as the Imperial Hall, Stone Halls and Firehouse Hall - all with high vaulted ceilings and rustic stone walls. Outdoors there's the Pavilion with an outdoor pool, as well as the luscious Flower Cloister - a stunning Italian garden filled with roses, hydrangeas and fragrant lavender.
Guests can be pampered in the spa, which takes its inspiration from ancient Roman baths, or kick back in the gorgeous restaurant and wine cellar.
A completely authentic Italian castle experience, located in the region often referred to as the 'green heart' of Italy, Castello di Martano is the perfect location for an enchanting wedding in Umbria.
- 1 hour from the Rome Fiumicino International Airport
- There are 12 suites available that can accommodate 28 people.
- Room types include; suites, deluxe suites, junior suites and classic rooms, all furnished to amplify the regal atmosphere of the historic Italian castle
- Music Limit - Outdoors by 2:00am and indoors - no limit
- Maximum capacity - 240 people
- It is possible to hold a symbolic, civil and religious ceremony
- Many adorned indoor banquet halls and the vast grounds of the castle are all available for wedding receptions and ceremonies
- The castle has an array of luxury amenities such as the spa and wellness center offering a variety of treatments in the refurbished ancient castle areas, outdoor pool, gourmet restaurant, wine tasting tours and much more
- It is possible to book the castle exclusively for your wedding