Luxury Medieval Abbey Hotel
Dreaming of a wedding in Umbria? Luxury Medieval Abbey Hotel is one of a kind! Qualifying as the oldest hotel in Italy, the historic La Badia di Orvieto offers unique hospitality, breathtaking landscapes and ancient art filled (but strategically restored) hotel and event venue. The former Benedictine Abbey dates back to 1100, and is internationally known as a medieval marvel. With classically furnished antique rooms adorned with 14th century frescos, an on-site 12th century Romanesque church and tower with a view of the stunning Orvieto cliff, the Badia makes for a rare and romantic Italian wedding location.
Receptions can be held outside under the ancient ruins of gothic arches and magnificent views of the surrounding hills. At night with fairy lights and candles the atmosphere is electrifying!
Receptions will enjoy top quality cuisine, the restaurant is listed in various guides including Michelin.
An idyllic setting for anyone planning a destination wedding in Umbria.
- 1 hour and 30 minutes from Rome Fiumicino International Airport
- 22 rooms and 5 suites available (54 beds in total) overlooking the courtyards of the ancient abbey and the beautiful Italian countryside
- It is possible to hold a Catholic ceremony in the church on the property
- Top quality amenities – restaurant, tennis court, swimming pool and hotel bar
- Music limit – no time limit with exclusive use –for restaurant use only, the limit is until midnight (12am)
- Various places to hold the reception; the large restaurant serving traditional Umbrian cuisine, the antique lounge, and the ‘Chapter Room’ – a hall that faces the Orvieto Cathedral
- Activities and excursions organized by the hotel; wine and olive oil tastings in the countryside, visits to archeological sites and nature and sport tours
- Near to the beautiful natural thermal spas and parks of the Waters of Upper Lazio and Tuscany
- Minutes away from the town center of Orvieto
- Less than 2 hours from Florence, Rome, Siena and many other famous Italian cities